Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Crossfit

I'm really coming to like Crossfit. I started last week. At first I only went on Tuesday and Friday - Monday and Wednesday are for cardio. Now I go Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings and do the Monday and Wednesday workouts in the evenings after doing hw and talking with Em.
At first I was nervous and thought that I wasn't strong or fit enough to hang with the other people doing it (here at school). Yet, after talking with a buddy that goes every morning (and is also on the climbing team), I thought I'd give it a shot.
It's a sort of thing where everyone check's their ego at the door. No matter that I'm not as strong as somebody or that I get tired quicker. None of that matters. All that matters is that I push myself and stay motivated to get better. I find myself working out in a very non-threatening community.
All of this working out business sprung from me being overweight when I got back from Christmas break. My being overweight wasn't because of Christmas break, with all of its many goodies, but because I generally slacked of last semester. Even then, I don't feel so bad about it.
So, here I am. You can check out the workouts if you like on the Black and Gold Crossfit Blog. They may seem daunting at first - I was indeed thoroughly daunted - but keep in mind that one can set the weight at whatever works for him/her. There are at least two girls that are in there as well throwing down every morning.
Cheers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment